The controller responsible for processing your personal data in terms of Article 4 (7) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Gebrüder Jaeger GmbH
The directors Philipp Jaeger, Thomas Jaeger and Tilman Johannes Jaeger are authorised to represent the company. The registered office of the controller is in Wuppertal (Wuppertal Local Court (Amtsgericht) HRB 9645).
1.1 Data protection
As a general rule, data protection applies to all information which relates to an identified or identifiable person and which can be indirectly or directly attributed to such a person (personal data). In particular this is information such as name, address, date of birth etc., or a combination thereof. Likewise information which in principle can be attributed to a natural person via an identifier (e.g. number, IP address or similar) is also covered by data protection law.
If the information is changed to the extent that it is no longer possible for it to be directly or indirectly attributed to a natural person, then such information is said to have been anonymised. Such data (e.g. aggregated data sets or truncated IP addresses) is no longer subject to data protection principles.
Information regarding how personal data is processed by this website can be found below. The term processing covers the complete process from collection to storage, processing and/or disclosure up until the data is erased.
1.2 Data collection
1.2.1 Use of our website
Your visit is only logged if an error occurs when accessing our website. In this case we store the IP address, the date and time of the request, the time difference to Greenwich Mean Time, the content of the request (actual page), the access status/HTTP status code, the amount of data transferred, the website from which the request originated, the browser type, the operating system and interface and the language and version of the browser software. This data is stored so that the error can be analysed and to ensure the stability and security of the website (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR). This data is erased after 30 days.
1.2.2 Storing cookies
The placement of the above cookies is technically required in order to provide a reasonable quality website and is thus a necessary component for using our website (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
1.3 Use of services from third party providers
1.3.1 Use of Vimeo plug-ins
(1) We have integrated Vimeo videos into our website which are stored at www.vimeo.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) By visiting the website Vimeo receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition the IP address, the date and time of the request, the time difference to Greenwich Mean Time, the content of the request (actual page), the access status/HTTP status code, the amount of data transferred, the website from which the request originated, the browser type, the operating system and interface and the language and version of the browser software are transmitted. This will occur regardless of whether you have a Vimeo account, you are logged in to such an account or you do not have an account at all. If you do not wish this assignment to your Vimeo profile you must log out before activating the button.
1.3.2 Google Analytics
(1) This site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer to help analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your usage of this website is usually transmitted to Google’s server in the USA and stored there. Where IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated by Google within the area of Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your usage of the website, to compile reports about website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website usage and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be linked to other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software; please note that in this case you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website. In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to the usage of the web site (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available at: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the _anonymizeIp() extension. This means that IP addresses are only processed in truncated form which prevents your identity from being determined. If the data collected about you is able to identify you this is immediately excluded and the personal data immediately erased.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse the use of our website and to improve it on a regular basis. These statistics allow us to improve our website and to make it more interesting for you. In exceptional cases where your personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
(7) This website uses Google Analytics for the cross device analysis of the flow of visitors which is carried out via user ID. You can deactivate the cross device analysis of your usage of the website in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
1.4 Service providers
We use a specialist web hosting service to operate our website. On request we can provide a detailed summary of all service providers involved. Data is not forwarded to other service providers.
2. Data protection rights and contact details
You have the following rights regarding the functions of our website discussed in the “Information about data processing” section and the purposes of data processing described there.
Right of access (Article 15 GDPR)
We must inform you whether your personal data is being processed by us. If processing is taking place we must explain the purposes for which processing is taking place, what categories of personal data are being processed, who data could have been transmitted to and how long data has been stored for.
Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR), right to object (Article 21 GDPR), right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
If you should determine that personal data is being processed which is incorrect or incomplete you are permitted to demand rectification. Likewise you may object to processing for reasons resulting from your particular situation and provided it is justified you may demand that processing is restricted.
Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR) and right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
You may demand the erasure of your personal data in the event that this processing is unjustified or the purpose of processing no longer applies. Furthermore you have the right to receive all information that you have transmitted to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Withdrawal of consent (Article 7 (3) GDPR)
You also have the right to withdraw your consent we base the collection and use of your personal data on at any time. To exercise your right of withdrawal send an email to the following address: datenschutz[at]jaeger-ttc.com
The above information about your rights as a data subject has been summarised in sections to facilitate better understanding and readability. Please read the original text if required or contact our Data Protection Officer directly. You can exercise your data protection rights at any time and at no cost to you. Our Data Protection Officer will individually read and reply to every enquiry. Please use the following contact information if you have any questions about data protection.
2.1.1 Data Protection Officer
Please contact our Data Protection Officer for all questions regarding data protection which relate to our website and our services or to exercise your rights as a data subject:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Jäschke
Tel. (+49) 211 93190- 798
Fax (+49) 211 93190-799
2.1.2 Responsible supervisory authority
You can, of course, also contact the Data Protection Authority responsible for us, the Office for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, PO Box 20 04 44; 40102 Düsseldorf, Germany, email@example.com; https://www.ldi.nrw.de at any time.
Last updated on: 24.05.2018